Sleeping in a wireless world
Modern wireless signals needed to operate mobile phones,? Wi-Fi, cordless phones, smart meters, baby monitors etc. effect everybody’s health but in different ways.
The singularly most common effect though is sleep deprivation and often this manifests with restless nights but almost as common is uninterrupted sleep but awakening feeling as though you, have had little or no sleep at all. This is because although your eyes can’t see RF pollution, the brain see’s the pulsed microwave radiation which forms the wireless signal as a form of bright light (the nearer you are to the source of the radiation, the brighter the light) which leads it to shut down melatonin production. According to some scientific research Melatonin levels are particularly low in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Nearly half of affected individuals suffer from sleep disturbances increased confusion, agitation, and other symptoms in the afternoon and evening. Much advice is given regarding lighting, restricting TV/screen viewing etc., which is all good and correct, however if you have a cell phone tower? within 500 meters of your bedroom or are trying to sleep next door to your neighbours wireless broadband router or any other form of pulsed microwave radiation from wireless communication networks either big or small then one things for sure you won’t get the Melatonin you need for healthy living. See our page on Melatonin for more detail.
If you’re not at your optimum health then there are no doubt many “modern world health issues” but one of the emerging rogue elements in the worlds accelerating health crisis is exposure to modern wireless communication radiation. Here are 7 ways (in order of low life style interruption and low or no cost first) you can reduce your exposure and begin the path to optimum natural melatonin production.
- Turn off your phones and Wi-Fi router at night, or more radically eliminate significant amounts of EMF’s that would otherwise enter your body by switching the power off at the mains.
- 1 hour before bed switch off all screens, read a book or chat with you partner.
- Replace bedroom lighting with a salt lamp.
- Hire or buy a microwave radiation detector to find out what external sources of wireless communication radiation are present in your sleeping environment.
- If your wireless radiation exposure is high, then the easiest low risk way to experience a healthy reduction in exposure to the phone mast or your neighbours Wi-Fi signal is to rent or buy an RF shielding bed canopy.
- If having tried the bed canopy you want to do something more permanent then full environment shielding can be an option. We strongly advise seeking professional help first via a EMF Survey although when this is not an option we do what we can to guide you over the phone when you purchase our conductive RF shielding paint or RF shielding window film.
- In cases where mobile phone masts (cell phone towers) are too intrusive you may have to move. Again we strongly recommend a professional EMF survey before signing on the dotted line